July 14, 2016

Fake Butterfly.


Today I finally understood
the whole thing about this.
It was not metal, it was soft, simple wood
the very essence of your kisses.

It was soft wood indeed,
burning down to ashes
at the first sight of a flame,
disappearing into the wind.

I've finally opened my eyes
and see the real sense
of your hugs, your words to me...
there was no truth there, just empty lies. 

I was mesmerized by the random flight
of a plastic, a fake butterfly.
A puppet, a marionette
dancing with the stars. 

I come from a deep sleep
and I see myself as a lonely boy
playing at midnight
-in a silent park- with stolen toys.

I can see clearly -after the rain is gone-
that I was just a silly kid at night
going round and round pretending to be happy 
to forget about life for a while.

Playing under the moonlight
-with my eyes and my heart full of joy-
with exotic and beautiful toys
hiding from their owner in the shadows.

I finally understood
I was that kid.

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment